What I've Learned in A Month of Marriage





Morning after the wedding on our way to Cancun.



I really can't express how incredibly happy I am being married.
Some women have always wanted a career,
others want to be mothers from the time they're children...
I've always wanted to be married.

Tapas Dinner
I've never felt lonely or overwhelmingly dejected in my childhood, so I can't quite explain why I've always looked forward to marriage, but I think the idea of always having companionship, someone who ENJOYS being around you so much that they decided to make a public declaration that they would never leave you, the idea of someone knowing me inside and out and never giving up on me... Maybe it's because it's the closest form of comparison to what the Lord is to all His children. 
It's the truest form on Earth of how the Lord loves His bridegroom.

Spa Day!




I was quite scared that since I had looked forward to it so much that I would be sorely disappointed and slapped into reality when it happened, but I'm still waiting for that slap. I just keep thinking of the people reading this who have been married for 10 years, 25 years, and they're thinking, "Oh, just wait, honey. It'll come." And I know it will. But for now, for this last month, I feel like I have tasted Heaven every single day. I can't think of another time in my life where I have felt this safe, this complete, this loved.
It is absolutely magical.

Japanese Steakhouse


All that to say, here are a few 
far less romantic, 
humorous, 
slightly annoying 
things I have learned in my one short month of marriage:
- Rolling in our unmade bed after a shower is apparently an accepted form of drying oneself off
-Downloaded noisemakers are a God-sent (especially the thunderstorm ones)
-It is very sweet to see your 70-pound Basset stick his nose to the door and wag his tail when hearing the garage door open for "Daddy"
Maria Marie
-It is overwhelmingly to have gotten wonderful kitchen utensils and cookware for your wedding and have no idea how to use them
-Giving up one of your closets is a BIG sacrifice
-You will use white-out on a regular basis when signing your name
-You will want to introduce yourself by your maiden name so people will remember who you are
-You will be far less scared watching true murder stories on Dateline when  a strapping, young man is in the next room
After Chef's Plate Dinner





-Your wedding weight will not magically be maintained despite how happy you might be
-A deep sense of pride is embraced when acquiring the last name of the man you love
-You find you're much more willing to cook, clean, and look good for your husband
-Marriage is much easier when your husband washes the dog, splits wood, puts on a fire, and replaces the bathroom hardware all for your one-month anniversary.
-Never undersestimate the power of prayer in advance for a smooth transition into married life. 
IT WORKS!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups