How can we bless others this Christmas?

This holiday season has been a bit surreal to me, in general.
I feel like we got back from our honeymoon, and all of a sudden it was Christmas.
I put up some decor on the mantle, but we don't have a tree.
No wrapped presents laying around (seeing as how we decided not to get each other anything.)
The only presents in the house are the ones I'm wrapping for family members.
I am the official gift-wrapper of the family!
I LOVE wrapping gifts!
Probably b/c I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I get this completely satisfied feeling when the paper fits the gift just right. That's why I have a slight collection of boxes.
Kids' toys are a NIGHTMARE to wrap, so everything gets a box so it's symmetrical!
I digress...

So, it still doesn't feel like Christmas to me.
I realize we're a couple days away, but mostly I'm just excited to have a break from work...again...
But, in the midst of all the craziness of my brother, Billy's, life, he decided to bless a family in need.
You see, Billy's wife, Courtney, is having her fourth baby today.
YAY! Nephew #2!!!!
So, on top of running a lawn and landscape company, being the father to 3 little kiddos under 5, and being the husband to a lovely preggo lady, he started raising some money for a needy family here in town.
Each of my family members decided on an amount they could give, but I didn't want to just hand the money over without seeing the family's faces when they receive it. 
That's the best part!

So, last night, Ramon, Rainnie, Hurley, Billy, Courtney, Derryck, Kristin, Reese, Dad, Matt & I
all met at a dear family's house here in Lubbock.
They were expecting us, but not the gifts.
A Best Buy gift card for the oldest child, an XBox for the middle, and iPod touches for the two youngest.
A Desktop computer for the parents as well as an all-expense paid vacation to Mexico.
(The last time they were there was their honeymoon 20 years ago.)
It's always nice to be reminded that giving is WAY better than receiving!









 And then, my dear, sweet husband was led to lay hands on Courtney and baby Wyatt.
What better way to usher a beautiful child into the world than with prayer, 
and Godly people laying hands on it?!



 I don't think Geronimo noticed when we left...
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Give to someone today.
Just a coffee or a $10 bill could be a HUGE blessing!




Comments

  1. what a great thing to do! I bet the kids were out of their minds excited and the parents must have just been overwhelmed by your family's love. Congrats on your new nephew! Merry Christmas =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!