Because who doesn't enjoy a good pair of Betty Boop PJs?!

Well, the saying is true...
"'Tis better to give than receive."
I hand-picked out all the 12 Days of Christmas gifts for my Mom (from my Dad),
and express-shipped Mom's ring (from Dad) so it would actually get here before Christmas,
and I reminded my parents to buy their exchange name a gift,
and I uploaded a picture of my Dad's parents from 30 years ago, blew it up, and framed it for my very grateful father,

but best of all, I surprised my new husband with the one thing he's been "subtly" dropping hints about for weeks now.
A gun.
No, ladies, I don't understand it either.
The men in my family try to compare it to us buying shoes or handbags.
But I still don't get it. At least you can store things in handbags and they can be seen by everyone you pass. Or shoes can be walked in and look stylish at the same time.
A gun shoots.
That's it. 
It's made to kill and/or destroy things.
And they're bloody expensive!!!




 Either way, I gave in and bought Matt one even though we weren't doing gifts this year.
He opened it with delight and some guilt mixed in.
Watch his reaction HERE!
While I did NOT expect even a little bit, a gift from him,
he still felt bad that he didn't get me anything.
Hey! We exchanged stockings, and his to me was fantastic!
Wine, enough Starbursts to feed a small army of oompa loompas, leopard slippers, DVDs, and 
Betty Boop PJs!
I was happy!





But I was definitely MORE happy to give him what he really wanted...
Now, if only I can get him to sell that XBox and spend the money on me...
Oops! There's the ulterior motive sneaking in!

How about that snow?!
Man, it made Christmas soooooo much better!
I LOATHE Christmases that are dry, brown and 60 degrees!

Enjoy our family Christmas pictures!
Trifle I made!


Showing off their cameras.

I think he looks like Spock here...

My cute mama!

Isn't it fun watching kids open gifts?!


Pure joy over his new bow.


And Addi got a darling old-school desk.

Look at his onesie!

Just where I like the boys to be...in the kitchen!

He also got a play gun which proved to be very handy with scaring away the birds on our porch!



Addi was soooo proud of her dress-up clothes!



Happy New Year!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!