Gems, Common Sense and Freedom

Let me start by passing along a few gems I came across yesterday.
First, this darling version of the Christmas Story.
It really opened my eyes to what this experience must've felt like to Mary & Joseph.

Second, my darling Mother-in-Law (I love getting to use that term, by the way!) e-mailed this to me yesterday. Poor thing, she broke her foot a couple weeks ago and is off work for 8 weeks while it recovers! Being a night-time RN, she needs some strong feet!

There are 25 in all, but to keep you interested, I'll be posting five per day for the next 5 days!

25 clever ideas to make life easier


Clever ideas: hull strawberries with a straw
Hull strawberries easily using a straw.
Why didn’t I think of that?!
We guarantee you’ll be uttering those words more than once at these ingenious little tips,
tricks and ideas that solve everyday problems … some you never knew you had!
.
Clever ideas: use a walnut to heal furniture scratches
Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise dings and scrapes.
.
.Clever ideas: WD40 for cleaning crayon off TV screens
Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD 40 (also works on walls).
.
.Clever ideas: keep a cut apple from going brown
Stop cut apples browning in your child’s lunch box by securing with a rubber band..
..
Clever ideas: store bedlinen sets inside their pillowcases
Overhaul your linen cupboard – store bed linen sets inside one of their own pillowcases and there will be no more hunting through piles for a match.
And here's a bit of change of topic...
I am so incredibly happy that the War in Iraq is over. 
It's official. Today. 
They lowered the flag in Iraq. I'm not sure what we've accomplished over there. I hope it was worthwhile. And I know there are still countless troops in Bhagdad & Afghanistan, but it's the biggest effort at ending the War on Terror since it started nine years ago. 
I do know that I prayed for our soldiers and my dear friend/bridesman, Randall Markham agnosiam while he was over there. The hardest hit I felt during the war was the night before he was deployed. I just cried and texted him and pleaded with the Lord over and over that he would be safe. Thank the Lord that was the strongest "grief" I felt. I can't imagine what the wives, mothers, fathers, brothers, etc. felt while their soldiers were fighting for us. What honor. I am so proud of all our soldiers and their families and will continue to pray that the remaining troops make it home safely for the holidays. 
Thank the Lord for freedom and for those willing to fight for it!   
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!