What do Pinwheels, Linen Closets and Santa Dogs have in common?

If you feel like you're weekend was unproductive and are kicking yourself for it this morning, 
then this blog will not make you feel any better.
Matt & I have been busy little beavers ever since we've gotten married 6 weeks ago.
We made a list Friday morning of all the stuff we wanted to get accomplished this weekend, 
and I'm proud to say I checked all but one thing off my list!
Wrap gifts. Blast. Still have to do that.

Thursday, his firm took us to eat at Harrigan's followed by drinks and dessert at the Ziegler's lovely home in Vintage complete with a gift exchagne. 
They always give the BEST gifts!
Last year I got to pick out the iPod speakers.
This year Matt chose an XBox, and despite all my coaxing to the other employees no one bought it from us.
I'm incredibly fearful of acquiring a video-game fanatic husband now.
Fantasy Football takes up enough time...

Then, Friday we had a lovely soup dinner at our friends, the Berrys, 
complete with my homeade cranberry pinwheels and a rousing game of UNO.
Simple and delicious! Feta cheese, whipped cream cheese, chopped green onions, and dried cranberries wrapped in flour tortillas and chilled. Yum and festively colored!

Saturday, I wanted to sleep in sooooooooo badly, but I have learned that if I don't get up for my Step class, I am a lazy little booty the rest of the day and I just had too much to get done.
So, I got my lazy booty handed to me in Step class and then tackled my list of Christmas shopping, dusting, vaccuuming, laundry, washing the sheets, and organizing the dreaded linen closet.
Dum dum dum...
Before
Before
After!     

 After our full day of working, we attended An Evening to Remember at Vintage Township and had a lovely time with my parents and their friends. 
We also walked away with three gift baskets from the raffle!

Our family has created yet another tradition recently of having Sunday dinner at each of our houses on a rotating schedule. Matt & I hosted everyone yesterday with each family responsible to bring over their own food. The kids were CRAZY and bouncing off the walls of our very small livingroom, but it was good to finally have everyone over to OUR home.

So, I hope you don't feel ashamed if you had a lazy weekend.
You're entitled to at least one!
Here are some Christmas pictures to cheer you up!
My mother's pups...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!