Holiday Productivity

I can't remember a more serene, perfect weather, productive weekend in quite some time.
I admit, I would've gotten NOTHING done without the help of my proactive man.

It was overcast outside, low-30s, drizzly, the fire was going (a surprise from Matthew when I returned from the gym), and I was going to shower, change into my sweats and sit on the couch watching Dateline. (Might not be your idea of entertainment, but I can't get enough of those dramatic phrases issuing from Keith Morrison's deep, sultry voice.)
But Matt comes home from breakfast with his bestie and tackles the junk cabinet above the washer/dryer. That has been the "catch-all" for the 3 1/2 years I've lived in my house, and I had no intention of cleaning it out anytime soon.
But when the OCD hits him, watch out! Productivity ensues.
So, after 3-4 hours, it was all cleaned out and organized into small compartments in his new handy, dandy tool box. (Isn't that from Dora? Or is it Blues Clues?) 
The screws in one area, the nails in another, etc.
Very impressive.

So, one of the good things I've noticed about being married is that I feel bad sitting on the couch doing nothing when my husband is up and about organizing or cleaning, so I decided to tackle the cabinet beneath the bathroom sink. Apparently, I had more than one "junk cabinet". Holy Cow! I have more bobby pins, lip gloss, ponytail holders, and lotion bottles to last me FOREVER!
Thank goodness I have 6 nieces who will LOVE all the hair accessories and bags I've set aside for them. Enjoy my junk, sister-in-laws!
Now, we just have to tackle the garage, the wedding gift room, the guest room, the cleaning cabinet...
That can wait for the New Years Resolution list. 
Can't get it ALL done now!
What projects are on your to-do list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups