Tent City, USA





My Dad had an ingenious plan.
"Tailgating with the Homeless"
I think I laughed when I first pictured a bunch of homeless people hunched around our motor home outside of the Jones AT&T Stadium during football season.
But Dad had a different idea.
He drove the bus down to Tent City on 13th & Ave. A last night complete with burgers, hot dogs, chips, bookoos of Coke and a TV airing the NBA Finals Game #3.
IT WAS A HIT!!!
I actually had a lot of fun.
Here's what I learned last night:
1. It was very weird listening to Matt answer one man's question, "What do ya'll do?" b/c Matt's answer was, "Well, I'm an attorney, Jennifer owns a construction co. with her bros, Josh is an accountant, Jonathan is a banker, Tony is a police officer, etc."
2. Homeless people don't smell bad. At least not from the distance I kept.
3. They are really curious and ask lots of questions.
4. They used to be investment brokers, mothers, bankers...
5. Some are very well-spoken.
6. They didn't make me uncomfortable at all.
7. Homeless people really like Coca Cola.
8. I am so incredibly, beyond anything I could hope for BLESSED!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups