In the World of Softball



I love going to Matt's softball games.
I love cheering, "Go, babe! Hit a home run!"
I try not to cheer anything else b/c baseball has it's own lingo which I never get right.
And then the other guys on the team will mimic me and cheer for "Babe" too.
I love that Matt is on a team with 2 of my real brothers and 2 of my adopted brothers and countless other men from church.
Good men. Men that laugh at funny jokes and walk away from crude jokes.
Men who would probably rather stay home with their devoted wives and play with their children than play a double-header on a Monday night.
When I think of things that I want to change about Matt (yes, even I do that. I think it's inherent in all women, unfortunately), then I remember how Matt is so much more than I thought I wanted.
One of the biggest things is that he's never met a stranger. Just like my Dad.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups