You have to see what my man did for Valentine's!

Let's start my recollection of Valentine's Day activities with
an unintentional concussion on my husband's part 
due to a lamp falling unceremoniously smack-dab onto his forehead.
Later that morning as he drove to work, he called a doctor-friend
who said he needed a CAT Scan and should absolutely NOT drive.
Matt promptly turned around and came home
calling in sick for the day which gave him ample time to spoil his wife!
He's fine now, did NOT go in for a CAT Scan, and stayed out of the car the rest of the day.

But I got to reap the benefits of an overly bored husband on Valentine's!
Came home to flowers, candles, music, card, massage gift card,
and an impromptu dance in the kitchen.
We had a lovely lunch together at home, and while venturing into the bathroom 
to re-apply my makeup, I found this sweetness on the mirror:
"Proverbs 31
An excellent wife...Who can find?! Her worth is far above jewels. To my most precious treasure. 
My wife who has rescued me. I. Love. You.
-Matthew"

After contemplating whether staying home to "care for" my "ailing" husband was a good enough reason to skip work, I returned to my desk of phone calls and papers 
anticipating what Matt had planned for the evening.
I received a text around 4:30 saying "Don't come home 'till 5:10"
Then a little later, "5:15!"
So, I drove around for a bit before walking into the house
filled with the aroma of freshly cooked dinner:
Baked ziti with onions, garlic, spinach, Parmesan, and turkey meat, white wine,
and my favorite Thumbprint Cookies!

We sat down to a very tasty dinner which my man had slaved over for hours,
and as I sat there asking, "What are we gonna do now?"
He replied, "Oh, I have that planned."
I walked into the bedroom to change and was met with this:
 So we crawled into bed and.....
 watched our wedding day footage together!
Matt did so incredibly well, and I'm so proud of him for
thinking all that up even whilst his concussion caused dizziness and nausea throughout the day.
Love you, dear!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups