Lightning Strikes House! (minus the lightning part)

How do these weekends keep passing by so quickly?!
Matt & I jam-pack our weekends with so many projects that by Sunday evening,
We. Are. Pooped!
This weekend he hung the ironing board rack in the laundry room,
we further organized our "wedding room"
All the boxes we chunked from our "office!"
(maybe one day it will actually be an office!),
I cleaned the house for our Superbowl party,
I painted my toenails (highest priority!),
we hired a guy to frame our bathroom mirrors (exciting!),
I ironed his work shirts,
and we actually unpacked our pots & pans from our wedding shower!

Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points.
My high school English teacher would NOT be proud of me....!

Rabbit Trail:
Investing in dogs mean investing in a lifetime of abnormally dirty carpet.
And while I was 2 seconds away from hiring someone to shampoo them,
I was raised in a strict DIY household,
so without the blessing of my husband I borrowed my brother's shampooer
and did it myself.
And it worked beautifully!
I cannot explain how nice it is to see the natural color of our carpet again!
Now, I know not everyone has a shampooer but you can rent them for about $20 a day,
and still save money doing it yourself.
PLUS, I wore my heart monitor one day while shampooing our bedroom and burned 160 calories!
DOUBLE BONUS!
(Heart monitor watches are pretty much the best thing ever! 
If I had a "Jennifer's Favorite Things List", it would be on there.)

On to another topic...
Matt & I were watching one of my all-time fave movies the other day:
Dan in Real Life,
and suddenly a bolt of lightning from a cloudless sky came down from the
Heavens and struck our TV causing the bottom part to turn black.
Now, envision that actually happening minus the lightning,
and that's exactly what happened to our TV!
And at this point, we had already put a Superbowl Party
in the works at our home for 5 days later!
Agh!
Crisis!
We must either: a) Buy a new TV.
OR
b) Transfer our 42" from our bedroom into the living room
and our 19" into our bedroom.
Can we say SPOILED!?

But this whole fiasco was averted when our TV went back to normal the next day!
Whew!
So, we threw a great and fun Superbowl Party
with a fully-functioning TV!

Praise the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!