NOT an additional 65% off

Our latest project:
bathroom mirror trim.
Our mirrors are just normal, no-trim mirrors, so we decided to jazz them up a bit.
The same guy who built our beautiful chandelier stands at our wedding is doing them.
I first had to prime them,
sand them,
and am now in the process of several coats of black paint.
I feel much like the girl who always wears pink
on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
I bet she gets a lot of guys b/c she knows how to saw.

Corner designs


Oh, and let me tell you my disappointing shopping experience this weekend...
I like to wait 'till the middle of the month to spend all my "Clothes" money
b/c if I spend it all up front I get depressed if I ever see a sale during the month,
and I don't have enough self-control to wait 'till the end of the month.
So, I went to Dillard's Saturday for some leggings and jeans.
That's it.
Didn't even venture into the shoe department.
Well, I found several 65% racks
and stocked up on over 22 items to try on.
This caught the eye of one of the sales ladies we'll call Blanca.
She was very attentive and constantly clearing out the "no stack".
Once I picked out my finds for purchase, I whipped out my phone for some calculations.
I proceeded to take an additional 65% off everything with a red tag thinking I was really getting a steal here!
I went to the register where Blanca was beaming with her impending commission sale.
After the first item rang up normal red tag price, I asked Blanca,
"Isn't that 65% off?"
Blanca: "Yes, the red tag is already 65% off."
Oh, buggars. I had miscalculated COMPLETELY!
So, my purchase swiftly shrunk to 3 items.
2 leggings and 1 jeans.
Needless to say, Blanca was less than enthusiastic after this
and barely said goodbye to me.
Sorry, Blanca. It's been a while since I've been shopping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!