Are YOUR children a blessing?

Well, it's official.
Our TV went caput.
It was so nice and big and now it's useless...boo.
So, last night, Matt switched our bedroom TV into the living room,
and my 19" from college was reinstated into the bedroom.
I missed that humble little TV.
It'll be nice to watch TV without laying on the bed.

My Shih-Tzu, Channing, gave me a bit of a scare Thursday night.
I gave him a snack while he was laying on the couch.
No response from him.
I put it right under his nose.
Nothing.
So, I got a different kind, propped him up on his feet, and put it in front of him.
As he bent over to eat it, he collapsed head-first onto the bed.
He just laid there with his eyes half-open, very lethargic,
and I panicked.
I told Matt to come home immediately.
I called my vet freaking out, crying, saying my dog was dying.
While on the phone, Channing snapped out of it,
shook off and ran outside.
So, I brought him to the vet next day, they ran tests all day, and
NOTHING.
They couldn't find a thing wrong with him.
He hasn't had another episode since, but he's still not normal.
He'll drink and drink and drink and then have to go potty so bad, he'll pee in the house
although he's been potty-trained since he was 2 weeks old.
His back legs give out on him sometimes and he'll just lay around.
I know I'm over-sensitive since his spell, but I know he's not acting normal...
It's quite bothersome.

Anyway, I went to one of Walker's basketball games this weekend,
and it was hilarious!
A bunch of little 5-year-olds frolicking around the court, trying to dribble a ball as big as them.
Very entertaining.
Pointing to their basket. These kinds of reminders are important.
Ashtyn & I entertaining ourselves. As well as the man behind us.


Matt & attended his boss' wife's surprise b-day party Saturday night
at a couples' house who has 7 kids.
7!!!!!
And that makes me think I could have kids one day.
An then I listened to a message by Mark Driscoll 
where he quoted the scripture that says,"Children are a blessing."
And that was kind of a revelation to me.
If God says they're a blessing,
than who am I to believe that they're anything different?
This may be a very simple revelation,
but it was kinda huge to me.

Well, Happy Monday everyone! Enjoy the dust...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups