Car Wrecks & Dead Batteries

What is it about Fridays that makes you want to do absolutely NOTHING
but sit on the couch and catch up on DVR'd shows after work?
To make Fridays even MORE difficult, Matt doesn't have to work.
So, I get up in the darkness, quietly turn on the lights above our headboard,
Don't turn on the news,
Don't turn off the fan,
Don't turn on the overhead light,
and make sure Mr. Darcy (our Basset) doesn't think it's time to wake Daddy up
with a nice, wet nose in the face.
And to make this last Friday ESPECIALLY difficult,
I got in a wreck over lunch.
Nothing drastic. I'm fine.
Channing's fine.
It's still annoying to have black scratches on your previously pristine white car.

But I had made up my mind that after work on Friday I was taking my husband
out to the drive-in movies for his Valentine's gift.
I even chose the movies HE would want to watch
(Chronicle & Red Tails).
I picked up brownies and cupcakes from The Cakery and hid them in the back of the car,
we picked up my parent's Navigator,
filled it with comforters, blankets, and pillows,
and headed north.
We found our spot,
grabbed some dinner from the cafe,
and settled in.

We quickly realized the interior lights were still on probably bugging our neighbors.
Fixed that after 10 minutes of turning knobs and switches
and inadvertently flashing our neighbors with our headlights once or twice.
Then, we couldn't figure out how to turn down the base.
More knobs and switches. Fixed.
Then the navigation screen was shining so bright it was distracting our TV viewing.
Purse situated over the screen and it's fixed.
Finally, we're settling down for reals now,
and the sound goes out.
Ugh, the car died.
BUMMER!
So, Matt sticks his head out the back window for the rest of the movie trying to hear our neighbors'
stereos as I play on my phone.
I wasn't a fan of the movie anyway.

We got boosted in between movies,
and the second movie went MUCH better.
I would say it was a pretty productive date night.
A bit frustrating
but nothing some sweets and kisses couldn't fix.


Excited to see what my Valentine brings me tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!