Old married woman now

So, yesterday was Matt & my 2-month anniversary!
Happy Anniversary to us!
And yes, it has been magical, wonderful, frustrating, invigorating, and beautiful all at once!
Unfortunately, we were both home sick for the day yesterday.
Well, he stayed home.
I made it at work 'till 3:30, then called it quits.
We were pathetic with me laying in bed
and him laying on the couch watching our prospective shows for 
hours and hours and hours on end.

We were on a walk with the dogs the other day,
and our little tradition is to evaluate our relationship while walking the dogs.
1. This tradition started when we were dating.
2. We don't walk the dogs often; therefore, we're able to evaluate our 
relationship a couple months at a time.
I would suggest NOT doing this if walking your dogs is a daily activity.
We asked each other what we've learned about marriage that we didn't expect.
Honestly, I don't remember waht he said. 
Something along the lines of how he didn't expect it to be such a smooth transition.
Which I would agree with.
I told him that for the first 6 weeks we were married, I FELT an overwhelming
love, desire, passion for him, but I distinctly remember at 7 weeks not feeling that anymore.
He felt a but hurt by that, but I didn't think it was a bad thing.
I like to place lenght of times on things.
1. So I can remember them. And
2. So that when other people ask, I can give them an exact time estimate.
Not that I don't overwhelmingly love husband still.
I DO!
But I just remember looking at him when we were first married and wondering,
"How can I contain all this love I have for this man?!"
I want to shout it in Central Park like Buddy from Elf:
"I'm in love. I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!"

I think 6 weeks is pretty good to be in the "honeymoon phase".
And at 7 weeks, I wasn't depressed by any means.
I just remember that marriage felt normal now.
It's amazing to me how the Lord conforms us to things so quickly.
I think now will be the fun part.
It's like all those quotes that say love is not a feeling, it's an action.
Since we're both kinda used to living together now 
(not to say there still aren't tiffs about why the dishes are in the sink and not in the dishwasher),
we're going to have to work harder to spice up our lives together.
And no, I don't just mean in THAT area.
But thinking outsie of the box to serve my partner when all I want to do
is veg on the couch.
Ya know what I mean?

Well, here are 5 more long-overdue clever tips from the e-mail my MIL sent me:
Clever idea: stocking over vacuum to pick up lost items
Gotcha! Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a stocking over the vacuum hose.
..
Clever idea: box lid cupcake holder
Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid.
..
Clever idea: how to fold a fitted sheet
For those who can’t stand the scrunching and bunching: how to perfectly fold a fitted sheet.
.
Clever idea: magnetic bobbypin storage
Forever losing your bathroom essentials? Use magnetic strips to store bobby pins (and tweezers and clippers) behind a vanity door.
 
.Clever idea: use shower caps to hold shoes when packing
A tip for holiday packing. Store shoes inside shower caps to stop dirty soles rubbing on your clothes.
And you can find them in just about every hotel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups