Boredom & the Beach

Get used to self-hand-shots...
This one shows my fancy silver glitter nail polish...an afterthought due to boredom last night,
my newly sautered wedding ring...sooooooooooo much better now!,
and my old-school Abercrombie ripped jeans.
That's right, I work at a wonderful office that lets me wear ripped jeans and sweatshirts to work.
Like I am today.
And Matt still says I look cute!
What a sweetie!

Matt had a VERY late night at the office last night.
Like 2:15 AM late.
He gets in these grooves of productivity.
I have NEVER hit a groove past midnight!
That man is a mystery.
So, I had the evening to myself consisting of:
A very full Step class (I'll rant about that later),
painting my toenails (for the beach!),
painting my finger nails,
popping some fish in the oven,
watching Hoarders,
and packing (for the beach!).
Oh, and maybe concocting a small margarita (gotta get ready for the beach!).

If you didn't catch it, we're heading to the BEACH this weekend!
In lieu of Christmas gifts, each year my parents take all us kids & g-kids to Mexico.
We look forward to this each year!
It's an awesome time to see my workaholic brothers cut loose,
play games with the other adults,
observe the kids slide down the water slide agnosiam,
and drink margaritas by the many pools.
(I don't like the sand getting all over me on the beach.)
But Dad and I will take our annual early-morning walk on the beach at least once.
Unfortunately, Bill & Courtney will not be joining us this year due to their new family member.
We tried to tell them 3 weeks old is DEFINITELY old enough to travel to Mexico,
but they decided against it.
This will be the first year we're not all together. Boo,

And now to my rant:
I'll keep this short b/c no one likes a negative rant.
But I get SO annoyed with how crowded the gyms are in January! 
UGHHHHH!!!!!
New Year's Resolutioners: I'm glad you're making a change. It's great, really.
But why don't you start in, let's say, June?!
The gym will be less full of people like you kick-starting their health for the first 6 weeks of the year
and then quitting!
All the other "regulars" in my workout classes just keep saying,
"They'll be gone by Spring Break."
And the sad truth is they will be.
If you're a new member at the gym, STICK IT OUT!
You'll be amazed that if you continue with your workout routine,
that's exactly what it'll become...
A ROUTINE!
You won't be able to miss more than a couple days in a row,
and it will truly become a way of life.
A way of a healthy life.
OK, I'm done.

Here are a few more clever tricks!
 
.
.Clever idea: muffin pan craft storage
A muffin pan becomes a craft caddy.
Magnets hold the plastic cups down to make them tip-resistant.
 
.Clever idea: bread tags as cable labels
Bread tags make the perfect-sized cord labels.
.
Clever idea: cook cupcakes in ice cream cones
Bake cupcakes directly in ice-cream cones – so much more fun and easier for kids to eat.
Definitely doing this!
..
Clever idea: microwave your own popcorn in a plain paper bag
Microwave your own popcorn in a plain brown paper bag. Much healthier and cheaper than the packet stuff.
..
Clever idea: use a tension rod to hang spray bottles
Brilliant space-saver: install a tension rod to hang your spray bottles. Genius!
..
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups