Suspenders, Bow Ties & Sperry's

Well, there is a LOT of excitement in the Fraley-Nowacek
household this week!
If you haven't seen on Facebook, we are having a BOY!!!!
There is a fine line Matt & I traversed for the first 17 weeks of pregnancy.
We love the idea of our firstborn being a boy.
Leader of the siblings; that kind of thing.
Matt is also the last boy on both the Fraley & Nowacek side to carry on his name.
He does have one other male cousin. He's a neurosurgeon.
I don't think neurosurgeons have kids.
At least they don't on The Black Box. Grey's Anatomy proves me wrong...
Anyway!
We talked to each other about how much we wanted a boy,
and when people would ask, we would say,
"We just really need some boys in the family with 7 nieces and only 2 nephews."
When we did the sonogram 2 weeks ago, we saw the baby's features for the first time.
It was amazing!
To see this human being stretching and kicking inside of you.
Their little heart beating, the blood flowing through the umbilical cord.
As my sister-in-law said, "If this doesn't convince you there's a God, I don't know what will."
At one point, I noticed the baby's legs were crossed real modest-like,
and this was the gender reveal sonogram!
Right then, I was convinced it was a girl.
And for the following 2 weeks, I looked at girl nurseries
(her name was gonna be Alice, so naturally the nursery was going to be
vintage Alice in Wonderland.) How cute is that?!
And I was thrilled it was a girl! And I told everyone Matt was wrong, it was a girl.
So, when that balloon popped and that bright blue paint came out,
I really think I was more shocked than anyone there.
I realized that evening, the Lord knew I needed to be prepared either way.
We would've been thrilled with a girl too, don't get me wrong.
But my heart needed to be ready for either one, and I can 
honestly say on the day of the gender reveal, I would've been thrilled with either.
Matt told me later, he had realized on the way to the gender reveal how much he actually wanted 
a boy, and for the first time, had specifically asked the Lord for one.
Now, I don't know if it's wrong or right to want one sex over the other.
Some parents are probably better than us and simply excited about either one.
I'm just being completely honest here in saying that we really wanted a boy.
And thankfully, we got one!


As soon as we got home, Matt started looking at vintage travel-themed nurseries.
I was in a weird mood.
It was actually a pretty stressful day with a lot of anticipation, excitement, nervousness going on.
That night, as I lay in bed, I started crying and asked Matt to come in and lay with me.
(I go to bed egregiously early, so I'm often asleep before Matt.)
As he lay with me, I noticed I was sad.
And on one of the most exciting days of my pregnancy!
But I realized I was mourning the loss of not having a girl.
I know that sounds silly, but I have a friend who told me she went through this very same thing.
While I'm overjoyed to be having a boy, that also means that I won't be having a girl.
Not YET, at least.
So, Matt held me and let me cry, and it passed, but that was an eye-opening experience.
One of many during this crazy thing called PREGNANCY.
The Cakery all the way!! From 3 wedding cakes to birthdays to Gender Reveal!
Such cute decor!
Matt's Momma & Sista



My Erin friend!



Team Blue!

Team Pink!
T






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!