Old Men Say the Darndest Things

I had a pretty uneventful couple weeks in the realm of people saying weird things to me.
Until yesterday.
A cranky, old neighbor of ours came into the office yesterday.
He has come in SEVERAL times lately because,
 in his own words,
"he's developed a crush on me."
He's 86, mind you, married, with children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
Whatever.
So, he comes in yesterday and comments on how I still look pretty good.
OK, we're doing OK.
"You only gained about 3 lbs. in the last 2 weeks."
Getting weirder.
"Can I be honest with you?"
By all means.
"Your abdomen is getting bigger, but your boobs are getting smaller."
Of course, at this point I'm just flabbergasted.
Several thoughts run through my head.
One being what I blurted out, "That's not even true!"
The second being: An 86-year-old man has noticed the size of my boobs.
The third being, once again, how very untrue that statement was seeing as how
I had just pointed out to my husband yesterday the stretch marks I'm developing 
on my melon-sized assets.
His reaction, "Are you wearing the right bra?"
Of course I'm not! 
I'm wearing little cotton things b/c they don't have wire, they're cheap,
my boobs grow every week, and most of all, they're comfortable!!!
(Although I now nip everywhere I go.)
But I figured let's just let the old man enjoy what he can in his last days.
I am now realizing how very much information this is,
but all you mommas out there are chuckling to yourselves remembering your
melons when you were pregnant and staring at them in amazement in the mirror.
To you who have had the joy of melons on your chest resting just above the football in your abdomen,
let's just say having your boobs rest on your belly when you sit down is a very
foreign and very disconcerting feeling.

On a side note, we find out what our precious Baby Bit is tomorrow!!!!!!
Of course, I'm incredibly excited, but I'm also very aware
of how much is going to change once I know.
Seeing as how I haven't bought a single thing yet,
I will now be in "nesting" mode decorating, buying, planning,
perusing the baby sections of stores.
The side of the stores that I have never ventured to in my life.
But I'm ready to start praying for my baby by name,
and asking the Lord what His vision is for baby.
Look out for the video!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!