Sometimes you Just Gotta Go Shopping

What a perfectly wonderful weekend to get my mind out of the funk!
My cousin, Cynthia, had a fashion show at the Dallas Market Friday,
so my aunt Lisa invited Mom & I to join her and her 3 girls for a Girls Weekend!
Cynthia only made the one garment and really didn't think it would "walk" b/c she had made it out
of denim and that is rarely a theme in this fashion show.
The themes are pre-determined by the show committe.
Well, lo & behold, denim WAS a theme, and my darling cousin's
dress was picked out of thousands to be one of 200 to walk the runway.
And why wouldn't it be?! She had made it from her father's old work jeans!
I was so proud of her!



For lunch, my cousins, Angelique & Katrina, picked a lovely little coffee shop called
Ascension Coffee where we enjoyed freshly brewed tea, paninis, bread pudding & creme brulee.


Then for dinner, they picked a swanky little joint called Meddlseome Moth. 

We got to enjoy the warm weather outside while they ordered horrid tapas
like elk, boar, and rabbit...(they send they enjoyed them)







I had the roasted chicken and some delightful apple cider.
We decided that although our bellies were already popping, we wanted dessert.
We drove around downtown until Lisa pulled into El Fenix.
What a find she found!
We ordered chocolate & caramel sopapillas the size of a dinner plate, strawberry sopapillas,
and lemon cake while the servers sang Happy Birthday to our "panchitas", Katrina & Angelique.


The next day was my birthday, and I was greeted downstairs in the breakfast hall
with a chorus of "HAPPY BIRTHDAYs" from my crew.
We traveled on to southlake Town Square from there and enjoyed
a beautiful day of shopping and eating at Brio & Jamba Juice.








Then, it was time to get dressed up for my b-day dinner at Pappasito's.













 
On the way home, we stopped for more shopping and to tour the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens.
The flowers weren't in full bloom yet,     but the walk was lovely and relaxing.





So, for a few days, I was able to regroup and remember that this isn't the end of the world. Matt & I will get through this. And that I have a wonderful family.
My swanky new glasses.


Sam Moon's
Kisses to my hubby


Comments

  1. Very nice sweet girl. Love your blogs. You and Matt will endure. Your love for one another and Jesus will help you overcome the most difficult of trials. Prov. 3:5-6. Muwaw!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups