Intentionality is Now a Word

Work Buddy #1 yesterday!
I remember when I was engaged, I made a pact with myself that I would be very intentional with my time.
My engagement was only 4 short months, so as soon as I got back home from the lake
the weekend after Matt proposed, I downloaded the LoseIt! app.
I was SO dedicated to inputting my calories in and calories out and was able to drop 10
pounds quite quickly.
I also made sure to spend time with the Lord regularly trying to prepare myself for this event
I had anticipated all my life.
I included my bridesmaids and close friends in my big wedding planning decisions so they could
feel my excitement and really be a part of it instead of just showing up the day of.
Matt & I met with the Brewers every week for pre-marital counseling going over
big issues and little annoyances within our relationship and trying to prepare ourselves for how amplified those issues would become in our marriage.

Work buddy #2 yesterday!
I distinctly remember six weeks out from the wedding taking Mr. Darcy to the park by Covenant
and praying and praying and thinking and thinking about what was coming.
I spent a long time calming myself, and going over details that still needed to happen,
and really embracing the fact that I would be a married woman in six short weeks.
Of course, at that time, it seemed like 6 weeks was FOREVER, but as it always does, 
it passed by in a flash.

I'm very grateful for how intentional I was during those four months.
I feel like I truly embraced my engagement and soaked it in.


Right now, I'm doing the same thing, but I'm soaking in more substantial lessons.
I'm journaling a lot about things I'm learning daily.
I'm consistent in reading my Proverbs 31 e-mail devotions and thinking about them throughout the day.
I'm consistent in my workouts.
I'm asking the Lord what I'm supposed to be learning from this.

And the most amazing thing has happened.
I'm not worrying anymore. I feel like for the first time in my life I understand why the Lord refers to it as the "Peace that Passes all Understanding."
I was just talking to the Lord about it yesterday and then my dear friend in the evening,
and I kept saying, "I don't know if I'm just not dealing with things or if this is really from the Lord."
She said, "If you've been asking for this peace, then it's probably from the Lord."
Why was I so quick to dismiss it being divine?
Oh yeah, because I don't deserve it!
Not even in the least!
I recall all the hurtful things I've said lately and all the fits I've thrown,
and yet the Lord has granted me sweet reprieve from the overwhelming anxiety that plagued me last week.
What a sweet Lord we serve.
Giving to us what we don't deserve. The true meaning of grace.

On a side note, enjoy this sweet video I saw yesterday:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups