Motion Sickness: Dog Style

Mom's been at the lake house going on 2 weeks now.
She wanted someone to go down and stay with her while the guys came to mud.
I didn't want to go by myself,
so Matt & I took a last-minute trip to the lake.
It was wonderful and restful and really great to spend time with my Momma.
She's done such a great job decorating and fixing up the house down there.
We decided to bring Darcy with us since he's never been there in his adult life.
I took him when he was a pup and had just learned to bark.
Dad was driving the motor home with all the grand kids in it, me and Mr. Darcy.
Dad got so annoyed with him that he put him in the trailer hooked up behind the motor home.
He had to ride in there for the remainder of the trip!
Needless to say, he was not scared out of barking.
He is the loudest dog EVER!
But he did wonderfully riding in the car after a small bout of motion sickness...
He looooved being there.
Especially since my Mom's 3 dogs were there.
Darcy would just chase and chase them while they stood their ground snipping at him in irritation.
He really is a puppy trapped in a 2 1/2-year-old, 75-pound body.
And then Mom kept feeling so bad for him and letting him out without a leash.
He would wander around sniffing and sniffing and then catch a smell
and he would dart off after the deer.
I was terrified all weekend that he would run away.
When he puts his nose to the ground, he has no concept of where he goes.
One time we were all talking inside for quite a while, happened to look outside,
and there was Darcy sitting in the grass in front of the door.
He had been out the whole time!
Once a year, there's a flea market at PK,
and we happened to be there when it was on!
I love me a good flea market!
I didn't get much, but Mom did find a toddler's bed for $25!
The only problem was that we were in her Solstice with the trailer behind it.
But where there's a will, there's a way!
Oh, and on a very side note, these are my b-day gifts from Matt's Mom!
Love them! Thanks, Diane!

SSSShhhhhhh......Ramon & Rainnie's Gender Reveal party is tomorrow night!
C'mon testosterone! We need another boy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!