Bluebonnets don't grow in West Texas

Yes, yes it is me up and at'm in the blogging world again.
A lot has happened over the last 3 weeks...
I just never took the time to write it all down.
Shame on me.

One thing that you probably saw on FB was that our dear puppy, Channing, passed away.
His meds weren't working anymore, and he had a really bad episode
Monday night where we literally thought he was dying in our arms.
I put him to bed that night expecting him to not wake up in the morning.
He woke up, but he never fully recovered and passed away at the vet's clinic Wed. afternoon.
While I was shocked that he actually didn't make it, I was also a bit relieved, sadly.
It was like taking care of a special needs dog for the last 2 months.
Matt & I were constantly asking ourselves how much we wanted to spend at the vet next.
Channing would keep us up at night, and I could feel myself constantly tense while around him,
not sure what symptom would manifest itself next.
Normally, I would try to make myself feel better by getting another dog,
but we have Mr. Darcy right now,
and he is loved and enough dog for us at the time.
My dear brother, David, brought me beautiful flowers the day after Channing died.
Him and Ramon and Matt helped me bury him after it happened.
They were all very sweet and sympathetic.
I love my brothers dearly.
And here is where I give a shout-out to my wonderful husband.
Channing died on his birthday.
Not the most opportune time.
Matt was so busy at work, but left to come to my office after I called him.
He helped my brothers did the hole while still in his dress slacks and fancy shoes.
He was invited out with his boss to have cigars and Scotch after work,
but Matt passed it up to come home and take care of me.
He never complained about it happening on "his" day.
He just sat on the couch with me, watching TV, and being there.

We just celebrated our 5-month anniversary yesterday!
I cannot believe it's already been 5 months.
We have had the most wonderful time being married.
We love sharing our trials and triumphs with our Life Group,
and we have amazing family and friends praying for us and uplifting us.
We are diligent with our money and time,
and we are seeing it paid back to us in so many wonderful areas.
I don't know how many times in the last 5 months I have come before the Lord
speechless with thankfulness and awe at His divine provision and blessings.
I just want to shout from the rooftops that "Marriage is not a death sentence!!!!"
It has been the best decision I have every made, and I am so overwhelmed
that all my parents' and my prayers while I was growing up for my future husband
have been answered through Matthew Fraley-Nowacek.
He is my greatest source of joy (besides Jesus, of course).
September 2009. Matt's first weekend to Lubbock to visit me as his g/f. 
We went down to Ft. Worth last weekend to visit Mama Diane with a pit stop in Abilene
to stay with Matt's sister, Amanda, and her family.
I always look forward to Ft. Worth trips.
Diane has such a servant's heart manifesting itself in delectable home-cooked meals,
comfy beds, and a refreshing backyard.
I LOVE her backyard and her hammock and her tall trees.
Matt & I spent hours reading the Hunger Games,
and just enjoying sweet family and beautiful weather.
Needless to say, I did NOT want to come home!
And then I made Matt pull over on the side of the road for bluebonnet pictures
which were EVERYWHERE and so gorgeous!
He said, "There is nothing manly about a man standing alone amongst bluebonnets ."
But he struck his manliest pose and braved the bluebonnets anyway.
 Over and out, dear friends.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!