Vegas Day!


It's Vegas Day, and I couldn't be more excited!!!!! Well, actually, I was really excited all week and then the day finally gets here and I'm just thinking of all that needs to be done before I leave, but somewhere underneath all that is extreme excitement!!!!

Dad and I usually have coffee every Friday morning like we have since I was in high school, but he's off fixing up the lakehouse (thanks, Pops!) but I adhered to our tradition anyway and stopped by the Bucks of Star for my Venti iced coffee anyway. How that drink sooooooothes me with a jolt of caffeine!

Matt wrote me a sweet Facebook message in the wee hours of the morning (the time he functions best) proclaiming his exuberance for this weekend as well and adding:

"I love you.

I love you.

I. LOVE. YOU"

I think he loves me...

You may think, "A Facebook message? That's strange." But actually, our history stems from hundreds and hundreds of Facebook messages sent back and forth over the Ethernet waves (are there such things as Ethernet waves???) between Houston and Lubbock 3 years ago. We became quite skilled at communicating our feelings for each other via the art of writing, and texting, and Skyping. Ah, the joys of long-distance dating. And the sweet, sweet blessing of dating in the same city!

Now, off to work...I shall try to update as my weekend progresses, so I can fully convey the majesty of my upcoming vacation with my love and dear friends!

Comments

  1. I'm relieved you liked the post about your grandpa. (THANKS for telling me so!) I hesitated a little about posting it, because I didn't want to intrude on your extended family's privacy. But I loved him so much I just had to give him some public honor!
    Are you Dave and Judy's daughter?- I haven't quite figured out. And who is Holly who posted beneath you- another cousin, I assume? I haven't quite sorted out where all the cousins belong yet.
    Anyhow, I hope you're having a pleasant summer Sunday in Texas... or Vegas... wherever you are! Thanks again for the comment.
    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!