Narcoleptic Dogs And Cute-Patutie Nieces

Well, what an eventful week!
I haven't written anything this week for a couple reasons:
A) I didn't want to be the Debbie Downer of the blogging world
B) I wasn't feeling very motivated
C) I've been rather consumed with matters of the family...dog family that is.

But let me catch you up a bit:
Matt & I went to the Lake house at Possum Kingdom last weekend 
with my brother, David, his wife, Misty, and our cousin, John,
Channing, my pup, and Roxi, their pup.
We had a lovely time of relaxation and fishing and reading.
The Lake House is usually pretty restful
(unless we're all cooped in the house with 7 kids and it rains all weekend
like my birthday 2 years ago...)
The boys caught at least 60 fish, 40 of which we fried up for dinner that night.
Nothing like catching and preparing your own food!
This pic tried to capture Matt on all fours in front of the door teaching Zane how
to prepare a "surprise attack" for his bully of an older brother.
Oh, the wisdom our children shall glean from their father.

I also got to keep the twins last week here at the office where they watched 
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Winnie the Poooooh (enunciated just like that),
ate goldfish, colored, and played "Anger Birds".
NOT Angry Birds, mind you!

This is the pose for picture-taking

Zoey said, "GiGi, you have Toms? I have Toms!"
And then, I got to keep Hurley Rae a few times. She is soooooooooo thaetrical!







 Now, the family matters that have plagued our household this month...
Channing's health.
Long story very very short:
He has narcolepsy.
Not the cute, funny type where he falls asleep while running.
The debilitating, rare kind that almost killed him this week.
He's on meds, he's doing better, and I have the BEST vet EVER!
Dr. Christina Fletcher of Animal Medical of Wolfforth.
Absolutely awesome!
This is a picture of him asleep with his head resting on the bottom rung of the chair...
Yes, you can laugh at this one...:)

On a very side note, I had to wait for the locksmith to change our locks on our building downtown,
and had some time to kill, so I visited McPherson Cellars.
This is now my favorite place in town.
Happy Weekend, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups