Pregnanter & Pregnanter

So sorry for the gap in updates over the last few weeks!
When I write, I always want to make sure I'm in a good frame of mind
and am not stressed or overwhelmed or hurting b/c then it will just be 
a really depressing post!
My sweet friend, Erin gave Jack a onesie made from bamboo!!
It is the softest thing ever! And I caved 2 days after we found
out it was a boy and bought the other two.
Honestly, there have been a lot of rough days over the last 3 weeks. Boo!
It never ceases to amaze me how very different everyone's pregnancies are.
If you were to go by the cookie-cutter pregnancy, I would think
you would have some morning sickness in the first trimester, 
feel this huge surge of energy in the second trimester,
and then hit the wall of "get this baby out of me" in the third.
My first trimester was full of energy and butterflies and roses,
and now my second has been hit with a big lack of energy.
It's so hard to explain how it feels, but sometimes Jack feels really heavy.
Like someone's strapped a #14 ball to my belly that I'm dragging around all day.
On top of that, there was a lot of stretching and growing going on.
Your uterus begins to expand instead of just growing up,
so you can imagine all the pulling and stretching going on with just that expansion.
So, when your uterus is growing and your baby is growing and
Matt bought me this adorable necklace that
I've wanted since before we were even thinking
of having kids!
your organs are being pushed around to God knows where, it makes for one very tired little Momma!
Let's not forget the tailbone pain that set in about a month ago.
Tailbone pain? What?
Yeah, that is a little-talked about symptom that apparently is incredibly common.
Just one of the many joys that mommas forget about afterwards and fail to 
warn us new mommas about!
That's why I'm documenting all this for you, prospective mommas!
You're welcome.
Except, like i said before, there's no cookie-cutter pregnancy and you'll
most likely feel TOTALLY different than me. So goes life.
I do have a few funny side-effects that I've noticed lately that I will now outline:

-Painting my toenails is a thing of the past. It should've stopped about 3 weeks ago, but I really do love painting my nails and doing designs, but imagine bending forward for 45 minutes while squeezing a largely protruding belly with a fast-growing baby inside. After approximately 3 minutes, you're short of breath, after 10 minutes you're starting to sweat a bit, then 20 minutes in you throw in the towel and start haphazardly brushing anything that resembles a toenail. (Don't even get me started on those elusive 2 outermost toes on the left foot). Good thing you really can't even see your toes that well or you would be horrified at the final product.
-Showering is a new adventure. This started earlier than I thought, but washing my right foot with my right hand was a new and bizarre struggle. Eh, that foot doesn't need to be that clean anyway.

-Putting each leg in pants requires a creative balancing act. 
Cirque de Soleil "Dance of the Preggos" anyone?





-Turning over in bed has become QUITE humorous. It calls for several small bursts of upward motion just to maneuver the belly around. Matt should video me at sometime. And of course there's a plethora of grunting along with it.

This is just a short outline of my exciting adventures in PreggoLand.
On a side note, when I see my youngest nephew, Wyatt, he now asks to see Jack and demands that I lift up my shirt to do so. He'll put his little head to my belly and say,
"Hey, Jack. What are you doing?"
He gives the baby kisses and says bye to him when I leave. 
Yes, it's the most adorable thing ever!
As of this week, I have also started to feel Jack really, for real kicking in the evenings before I go to bed, and as of yesterday in the middle of the day!
This morning, I even felt him while I sat outside doing my devotion!
That is something I have looked forward to for a long time!
When you don't get ultrasounds or doppler readings but every 4 weeks,
kicks throughout the day really ease your mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Piercings, Puppies and Push-Ups