Post-Ultrasound Blog

I saw this online months ago and fell in love
with it. I finally found it at KK's on Monday,
and of course, got it for the nursery!
First of all, I want you all to open up Youtube in a seperate window,
and type in "Multiplied" by NEEDTOBREATHE.
I am blaring that song on repeat as I'm writing this, so I want you all to experience the same thing! :)
And this is where I start crying.
I am so overwhelmed with thankfulness and excitement and nervousness all at once.
I don't express these feelings very much b/c I so often hear
the negative side of parenting.
About how hard it is and overwhelming and there's sleepless nights
and teething babies and diaper rashes.
And I know that's in store for us, and believe me, I fear that side of it,
but there's also an amazingly exciting part of parenting that creeps in every once in a while.
In 4 short months, I'm going to get to hold my son!!!
I'm going to kiss his sweet toes and smell his hair
(seriously, I'm bawling right now).
He's going to look at me in bewilderment and know I'm his Momma.
That I prayed over him long before he was even conceived.
That I have agonized over the color scheme of his nursery so he'll have the perfect,
nurturing environment to be raised in.
That his Daddy & I have worked so hard and saved our money for so long to
provide for him as best we know how.
I will go through hours of the most pain I've ever endured
all to be washed away when I hear his sweet cry pierce that room.
When the doctor places him on my chest, he'll feel my heartbeat
and recognize its rhythm and will be instantly soothed.
He knows that heartbeat.
He knows me.





Maybe this is how our Heavenly Father feels when we finally realize we need Him.
Like we've been placed on His bosom for the first time,
and we finally recognize a familial heartbeat that has been 
calling to us for so long,
and He weeps for joy.

Oh, Baby Jack, you are so loved.
You just have no idea.
Your Daddy says goodnight to you every night,
and prays over you,
and scratches Mommy's belly with his scruffy beard,
and loses it every time he sees you in the ultrasounds.
Your Mommy feels you kicking and punching her throughout the day and night
and loves it.
You make her smile by reminding her that you're still there
and healthy and growing.
She agonizes over you all day long.
She can't wait to hold you, sweet boy.
You are so loved.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!