Screeching Devil

Music and worship has really been on my mind and heart this week.
It started Sunday when Pastor Toti talked about how powerful it is to sing out loud.
Even if it's in your car, sing at the top of your lungs to your favorite worship songs.
Matt heard a quote that said "it's like nails down a chalk board to the Devil when we sing praise songs. It makes him screech out loud."
I love the idea of that! And I love to sing!
On that note, I was listeneing to Air1 on Monday and heard a song that was new to me.
I instantly pulled out my phone and "Shazaamed" it.
(For those of you who who are unawares of the Shazaam app, it is glorious and allows you
to put your phone up to your radio when you don't know a song and it tells you all the info about it!)
So, my phone told me that it was a song called "Dead Come to Life"
by Jonathan Thulin feat. Charmaine.
Well, that got me to looking him up when I was at home.
I had Matt listen to the song first, so he wanted to hear more after that.
I looked him up on You Tube and found this video:
(The beginning is a little strange but hang in there.)
So, I would've been sobbing while watching this if my husband wasn't right next to me and would've suspected that I had officially become emotionally unhinged.
(Maybe it has to do with my breakdown over watching So You Think You Can Dance and expressing to Matt that I DESPERATELY wanted to start dance lessons, and him saying "we'll look into it".)
I don't know why it spoke to me so much.
I think it was just recognizing how very shallow I am, and how much weight I put on the fleeting things of life.

On Tuesday, I pomptly purchased The White Room album by Jonathan Thulin
and had to purchase, seperately this "Babylon" song.
It has been blaring at work, in my car, and at my home since.
I LOVE FINDING NEW MUSIC!
And I especially love that this is a Christian artist.
For a long time, I wouldn't listen to Christian radio.
I just couldn't stand the music and the DJs, and the setup,
but I began listening to Air1 again several months ago, and let me tell you,
it has completely changed since the last time I listened to it!
The DJs are hilarious and real and the music is recent and uplifting.
It makes a noticeable difference in my day when I'm filling my head
with praise music than with music about girls and sex.
(B/c let's face it, that's pretty much all that secular music is about.)

So, start singing out loud,
and buy Thulin's album!
PEACE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!