Branson - The Hottest Place on Earth

So, you might have thought Lubbock, TX was the hottest place on earth, but I'm afraid you were mistaken.
Branson is definitely hotter.
Like 100 degrees and 90% humidity hotter.
I felt like my body was used to it though b/c I didn't die.
Last week my family headed up to Branson, MO, aka "Vegas for Old People".
No offense to older people.
And actually, it's gotten a lot better over the last 5 years.
The outlets are awesome (especially COACH)!
The restaurants are nice. Especially Landry's!
And my siblings thoroughly enjoyed their outings to Silver Dollar City.
With and without the children.
So, we went to Branson for a family reunion and it was really nice.
It was a very short trip for Matt & I b/c we only drove down (12 hours) w/ my cousins on Thursday, stayed two days, and then came home. Agh!
This is Matt being cute while sleeping.
And I had the privilege of staying in the same suite as my two lovely twin nieces who decided 6:30 AM was an appropriate time to wake up each morning on vacation. But at least they provided good laughs like this time when they crawled into the bath fully clothed. Or the time they both ran to me and knocked me over with their hugs when they saw me walk in.
Here are the boys preparing for our water balloon fight which turned into an all-day event b/c the heat was only bearable when you were completely soaked.
And here Walker is admiring Matt's overly sized water gun (one of four) complete with guard shield thingy.
This is one of two tour guides at the Stone Hill Winery which offered free tours and wine tastings. He was funny. I mean, he wasn't actually funny but he thought he was which made the situation funny.
This is a family tradition where we wait in line for a very long time at Cakes & Cream Dessert Parlor on Main Street, Branson Town. They have killer funnel cakes and ice cream, etc.
It was joyous.
Matt got to join in on the tradition although he was less than impressed by his milkshake which was too thick to suck through a straw. He is a milkshake connoisseur.
And before we knew it, we were back on the road with an added passenger who did surprisingly well for a 12-hour drive! He only cried the last 5 minutes when we were on the Loop and he had to go bathroom NOW! Nothing an out loud count to 100 couldn't cure. He gets stuck each interval between 37 and 38, 47 and 48, etc.
Thank God for distractions that appease 5-year-olds!

So, Branson was green, beautiful and we even saw rain!
And now it's back to wedding planning with a new perspective, a new zeal, and a constant excitement for the big day!
100 days today!

*Note: We took engagement pictures last week with the lovely and talented Betsy Lackey, so I will be posting those as soon as we get them in!
*Double Note: My dress came in today which is beyond exciting in every way!

Comments

  1. Wish I could have been there! Thanks for posting pictures...got any more??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!