I'mmmm Baaaaack!!!!

Oh, readers, I have missed you! Have you missed me?! You've probably lost sleep wondering where I've been and what I've been up to and how my beautiful babies are doing...jk. I post everything on FB! What can I say, I have a following of people who love to look at gorgeous children!

Since my last post chronicling the birth of my Alice Every, a LOT has changed. I have actually gotten a divorce and am now a single Momma. *Disclaimer: This blog does not exist to bash my ex. He is an excellent father, and we are amicable.* BUT this blog DOES exist to relay how incredible horrible and exhausting and distasteful dating is these days. It also exist to repeat witty quotes from my son, Jack, and to complain about how stupid hard it is to be a single Momma. If you don't like complaining and bashing, this blog is not for you. Ha! No, it won't all be negative, but I'm going to be as real as I can without naming names or ruining lives.

I used to tell my ex I was SO glad I didn't have to date again EVER! I couldn't imagine the insecurity and the anxiety that accompanies dating, but I. Had. No. Idea. It is soooo much worse than I ever imagined. Like sooooo.....

Here's an example: One guy I went to dinner with seemed completely normal. We had a fun-filled time eating and having a few margs. We then made our way to another location for a concert. Driving down 82nd, he pulls a beer out of the back of his truck.

"You're gonna drink that?!"

"Yep"

"While driving?!"

"Yep, you want one?"

After kindly refusing, I start texting a friend to see if they're going to the concert. I'm starting to have a feeling I need a backup plan for this evening. Upon our arrival, my date parks way far away from the entrance. OK, I can walk...and then he explains he's going to smoke a joint before going in.

Excuse me, what?! Do I wanna join?! Ummmm....no!!! I'll meet you inside...

I promptly text my friend, meet up with their group, and explain my dilemma. When my date arrives, he guesses correctly that I will not be going home with him. Thankfully, I got an alternate ride home. But c'mon...on the first date?! He had also mentioned that his mom was on her 12th marriage. You read that correctly. 1. 2. Sometimes I just don't see how bad these guys are through the haze of red flags they wave in my face. It's really a talent at this point.

So, that is a small preface into my entertaining world right now. Get ready to ride these roller coasters with me!

**If you read this, like it. If you like it, comment!**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Talking to a Pregnant Woman

First Blog Ever!!!!!!!!

Official Proposal Story!!!